This week, we are excited to introduce two award categories to the 2018 Winchester Business Excellence Awards: The Paris Smith New Business of the Year Award and The Breeze Service Excellence Award.
New business success is an essential component for our economy’s lifeblood and it is therefore important that new businesses – across a broad spectrum of products and services, and operating within a variety of market sectors – continue to start up, grow, flourish and move into a position of longer-term sustainability. It is because of that we introduce this new category to the awards programme, the New Business of the Year Award.
This award is open to all businesses, which have been trading between 1 and 3 years and will be awarded to a company that can best demonstrate the following:
- A clearly conveyed business idea, market and business plan
- Specific achievements delivering/exceeding against the original business plan
- Opportunity for business growth, development and job creation
- Innovation within the business
We also give a very warm welcome back to the Service Excellence Award, a firm favourite of the Winchester Business Excellence Awards. This year, the award has been kindly sponsored by The Breeze radio and will be awarded to an organisation making effective use of customer service initiatives to deliver business plan objectives and demonstrating improved business performance as a result. The judges will be looking for:
- A company which can demonstrate success in achieving service excellence through the delivery of customer service initiatives
- A company which is actively improving customer service orientation of staff through training and development
- A company which can demonstrate a clear relationship between customer service activities and improved business performance
This category is a unique, nomination-only category meaning that members of the public and other businesses can vote for their favourite provider of Excellent Service. A mystery shopper will be sent to assess the finalists, ahead of the awards ceremony.