This week, we look at the next category open in this year’s Winchester Business Excellence Awards – The Digital Innovation Award, kindly sponsored by Winchester City Council.
This category is brand new to the Winchester Business Excellence Awards 2018 and is a celebration of the digital age. The award celebrates digital ideas that have the greatest influence on an organisation or industry.
The judges will be looking for examples or evidence of digital innovation within a company or business. The winner of the Digital Innovation Award will be able to show:
- Examples of digital innovation (such as the use of virtual reality, augmented reality, apps, drones, etc.) which improves business performance as a result
- Sustainable process efficiency
- An improvement of the customer experience as a result of the digital innovation
- Influence of future growth
If you are a business with an exciting digital innovation, why not enter the newest category of the Winchester Business Excellence Awards? The winner of each category will automatically be entered to win the prestigious Simplyhealth Business of the Year Award.
We also introduce the Independent Business of the Year Award, kindly supported by Winchester BID.
Winchester is extremely proud of its independent businesses, which make the city an individual and exciting place to visit. This award aims to recognise the substantial ongoing contribution that independent businesses make in growing and sustaining our economy as well as providing excellent customer experiences. The judges will be looking for:
- Consistently excellent market and customer engagement
- Ability to adapt to changing consumer and trading trends
- Ability to engage and contribute to “Winchester Life”
- Demonstration of helping to help promote fellow independent businesses
The award ceremony and dinner will take place on Friday 1st June at Winchester Guildhall and all finalists will receive two tickets to the ceremony, with additional tickets available to purchase.