This year, the Winchester Business Excellence Awards are pleased to announce that the Hampshire Chamber of Commerce and the Hampshire Chronicle are sponsoring the Service Excellence Award.
This award will be made to an organisation making effective use of customer service initiatives to deliver business plan objectives and demonstrating improved business performance as a result.
The winning business will be able to demonstrate:
- Success in achieving service excellence through the delivery of customer service initiatives
- Improving customer service orientation of staff through training and development
- A clear relationship between customer service activities and improved business performance
This award is unique as it is a nomination-only category. This means that the public can enter the businesses that they feel provide exemplarily service. Of course, businesses can also encourage their own customers to vote for them. Once the businesses have been shortlisted, the finalists will be mystery shopped to verify that their service is indeed excellent and the winner will be chosen and announced at the awards ceremony on 2nd June 2017.
Businesses must operate within the Winchester district to enter this category.
New to the Winchester Business Excellence Awards this year is the Supporting Apprenticeships Award, kindly sponsored by Sparsholt College Hampshire. Here judges will be looking for evidence of where a business has exceeded normal standards and expectations in facilitating a high-quality apprenticeship experience. Examples of good practice could include:
- Providing an opportunity that has offered an Apprentice exceptional personal development and mentoring support
- Where an Apprentice has been empowered to make significant contribution to business success/growth
- Provision of additional learning opportunities above and beyond training provided by the apprentice training provider
- Evidence of a positive onward journey, either through retention by the employer, or progression post-Apprenticeship
Entry to this category is open to all organisations with an operating address in the local authority district of Winchester.