As the Winchester Business Excellence Awards creep nearer, we are exciting to introduce two more categories to this year’s line-up. Winchester City Council is proudly sponsoring the Green Businesses of the Year award, which is open to all businesses within the Winchester district.
The winner of this award must demonstrate awareness of the environmental impact of their business and have made significant progress to reduce this or have robust plans in place to reduce this in the future. Particular emphasis will be placed on the progress made, year on year, in reducing impacts. The business should either produce greener products or services, or demonstrate how they operate in a sustainable way.
The judges will be looking for evidence of:
- Green innovation within your organisation and improved business performance as a result
- A reduction in the emission of greenhouse gases
- A commitment to improve environmental practices through reduced energy consumption, waste, water and resource use
- Sustainable transport
- Staff making suggestions which reduce the business’ environmental impact
Winchester BID is proudly sponsoring the Independent Business of the Year Award, for the second year running. The BID is very proud of the independent retail offering in Winchester and during summer they ran a competition to search for Winchester’s best independent business. The BID also produce an independent shopping guide, so sponsorship of this award was a clear choice.
This award aims to recognise the substantial ongoing contribution that independent businesses make in growing and sustaining our economy, as well as providing excellent customer experiences.
A mystery shopper from Shop Anonymous will visit the finalists in this category to assess the business on key criteria. The judges will be looking for:
- A demonstration of ‘first class’ customer service
- Consistently excellent market and customer engagement
- Innovation and differentiation of products and services
- Ability to adapt to consumer and trading trends
Entry to this category is open to all independent organisations (less than 5 outlets) that pay the BID levy, with an operating business address within the Winchester BID area. All finalists will receive a free report and follow-up meeting with Shop Anonymous.